Monday, March 5, 2012

Podcasts

I checked out a couple podcasts on iTunes and found some great resources in teaching fractions, similies & metaphors, and stories kids can listen too.  Grammar Girl Quick & Dirty Tips for Better Writing is great for teaching any grammar skill.  There is an abundance of skills to choose from and a very thorough explanation of each skill.  The Math Dude Quick & Dirty Tips to Make Math Easier is also a great resource for teaching math skills.  It would be a little hard for my 3rd graders to understand, but the information was good.  I also think it would be easier to see a visual of the math discussion than just listening.  It would be hard to follow without seeing it.  Another podcast I like was Storynory-Stories for Kids.  I could see using this podcast in my Listening to Reading Daily 5 station.  I would need to find the book to go along with the story, so the kids could follow along, but this would be cheaper than buying books on CDs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment